- Work in groups becomes more intensive.
- Each man's limited "repertoire of roles." See Glossary
- The choice between work on oneself and a "quiet life."
A very difficuly choice, because you have to do it every day.
Because Gurdjieff says "one has to make a choice, to decide to seek either
to become completely mechanical or completely conscious. This is the parting of the ways of
which all mystical teaching speaks about.
Heidegger calls this the choice between an autentic or inauthentic life.
- Difficulties of obedience.
- The place of "tasks."
- G. gives a definite task.
- Reaction of friends to the ideas. A friend could be the one who shares our values.
- The system brings out the best or worst in people.
- What people can come to the work?
- Disappointment is necessary. Just as a well-fed man is not in search of food, a happy man
is not interested in seeking happiness. So long as you search for happiness, you are unhappy.
- Question with which man aches."We Cannot Create the Hunger in You."
- Reevaluation of friends.
- A talk about types.
- G. gives a further task.
- Attempts to relate the story of one's life.
- "Essence" and "personality."
- A bad mood.
- G. promises to answer any questions.
Freedom exists not in finding answers but in the dissolving of all questions.
Unfortunately we are not interested in this.
- "Eternal Recurrence."
- An experiment on separating personality from essence.
- A talk about sex.
- The role of sex as the principale motiv force of all mechanicalness.
- Sex as the chief possibility of liberation.
- New birth.
- Transmutation of sex energy.
- Abuse of sex.
- Is abstinence useful?
- Right work of centers.
- A permanent center of gravity.